The Plane of Acheron
Technology Development Chart Six
And one last chart, for the sake of the good times…
1. Improved Paratroopers Your paratroopers now conduct combat in the Airborne Assault at 6 instead of 5. Additionally, they have an attack of 2 now for the remainder of combat after airborne assault (but not when engaging from land or sea).
2. Atomic Bomb Research. You must gain this tech 3 times to actually gain access to an atomic bomb; after you gain access, you can regain this tech to get your first functional a-bomb. Each time you gain it after level 3, you gain an atomic bomb. The atomic bomb doesn’t become active until you choose to equip it during the combat move phase (you may wait to a later turn to do this). You can equip it to a strategic bomber stationed at an airbase you or a political ally controls. When you equip an atomic bomb to a bomber, choose an enemy territory or sea zone within range of your bomber to attack; your bomber either attacks units or production. The a-bomb can target either production or forces.
a. Production. If you target production, you deal 10 IPCs of direct damage to that power’s economy and 5 damage to one facility of your choice
b. Forces. If you target forces, you roll one die for every enemy unit in a zone (up to 10 max) and roll to hit, hitting on a 5. For each hit, the enemy must choose a casualty. If he chooses capital ships, the a-bomb ignores the capital ship rule that allows battleships and carrier to take on damage (though already damaged ships are not destroyed unless selected by the defender).
3. Improved Sub Production Subtract one from the cost of the first submarine you produce each round.
4. Improved Transport Production Subtract one from the cost of the first transport you produce each round.
5. Tide of Battle During the first round of every battle during your conduct combat phase this round, you may re-roll your misses once. If you don’t think this will be much use to you, you can instead gain 4d6 IPCs.
6. Superior Leader Emerges Choose one battle this round during your conduct combat phase. During the first three rounds of combat you may re-roll misses once. If you don’t think this will be much use to you, you can instead gain 4d6 IPCs.